Here is an easy chopped salad you can take to work, now that work from home is no longer an option, lol.
Makes 5-6 cups salad, enough to fill 4 lunch boxes
- 2 cups of cooked and cooled quinoa
- 2 red apples, diced
- 2 green apples diced
- 1/4 lettuce, diced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, washed, rinsed and chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 broccoli head, chopped finely
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1-8oz can corn, washed and drained
- 2 cups Chickpeas/garbanzo beans (optional)
- Chop all the veggies, combine with quinoa and store in 4-5 equal portions.
- Refrigerate and serve cold with your choice of dressing.
Below is a salad dressing I often prepare. It just stays fresh longer and the salad tastes tangy sweet and spicy - just a perfect balance!
I dint have any beans on hand. They are a great addition to this salad. It is so nutritious and wholesome. Try it!
Apple cider vinegar dressing
Makes 1/2 cup or more, serves 3-4 cups of salad.
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
1 tsp honey or brown sugar
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
In a small bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Drizzle in the olive oil, and combine everything in a jar, shake to combine. You may quadruple this recipe and store for 3 to 4 servings.