These rolls are super easy to make and store great in the refrigerator. Ive made different versions of these rolls. A previous version linked here was cooked on the stovetop which holds good at room temperature. This one below can be stored in the fridge. Its a great snack on the go for work and school lunch boxes.
This makes 3-8 inch rolls - about 10 discs each.
- 2 cups dates
- 2 cups nuts, mixed
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup hot water
- A few spoons of ghee or non stick spray
- In a food processor, crush the nuts to crumbly texture, set aside.
- In the same processor, add dates and hot water, make a thick pulp/puree. Set aside.
- Spray a large mixing bowl with non stick spray or smear generously with ghee. Add the crushed nuts, date puree and chia seeds.
- Combine the mixture with a wooden spatula or wooden spoon to form a dough.
- Divide into three portions and make 6-8 inch rolls 3 inches in diameter. Set aside. It is easier to work with the dough if you grease your hards with ghee or oil.
- On a plate or plastic wrap, spread sesame seeds uniformly. Roll the date nut roll to coat evenly. Repeat until all the three rolls are coated. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for an hour or until firm.
- Cut into discs 1/2 inch or desired thickness. Place in an airtight box and chill in the fridge. Stays good up to 3 weeks. Enjoy!
Post a Comment
Please add your feedback here: