When H is out of town and I dont need to make traditional Indian food, Im trying all the fusion cuisines I can get my hands on! This bowtie/farfalle pasta was paired with chicken breast in spicy pasta sauce.
- 2 lb farfalle pasta, water and salt to cook as per directions on the box
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- Salt, pepper and lime juice to marinate the chicken
- 1 cups white onions, diced
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 2 Tbsp coconut cream/milk
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder (optional - sorry, we Indians need to eat spicy food, plain pasta sauce is just too bland)
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Pound the chicken breasts on either side, rub in salt, pepper and lime juice. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a large saute pan on medium heat, add oil and butter. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the marinated chicken breast.
- Cook 4-5 minutes on medium heat until brown, flip over the other side and cook the same.
- Move the chicken to the edges, in the center, add garlic and onions. Saute until brown. Add dried herbs. Add canned, diced tomatoes. Stir to combine, add salt and chili powder to taste and cover. Cook on low until the oil separates. About 7-9 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, get a large pot of water boiling. Add salt and bowtie pasta. Follow directions on the box and cook until al dente.
- Drain; serve warm pasta topped with pasta sauce and chicken, enjoy!