I love this quick and easy chicken sautéed with spices and yogurt. It pairs well with bread, tortilla, in a wrap or salad. Give it a try!
- 2lb boneless chicken, breast or thigh
- 2 cups onion chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 or 1tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- A dollop of plain yogurt, full fat or fat free
- Salt to taste
- Optional - You may tenderize the chicken with a teaspoon of lime juice and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Set a large high-sided sauté pan over medium-high heat. Swirl olive oil into it, when it is about to smoke, turn the heat to medium and sprinkle cumin seeds.
- It will begin to splutter, add in the boneless chicken and let cook until it turns white. Approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Add ginger paste and all the spice powders and combine. Turn the heat to medium-high.
- When the spices are aromatic, add in salt and yogurt. Combine well and cover. Cook on low for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove the lid and let most of the liquid evaporate. Once the oil starts to float, add onions and spinach. Toss to combine. Turn off the heat.
- Use it hot over rice, bread, or in a wrap with veggies. You can also have it in a salad. Enjoy!
Tip: If you leave the liquid as is, this could also be a creamy chicken curry!
Post a Comment
Please add your feedback here: