This picture does not do justice to the warm brownies and ice-cream we had last weekend. Brownies are hands down, the fastest way to bring a chocolate craving to life. The recipe is easy to put together and bakes in a jiffy.
It was Friday night, wound up a tiring work week, dinner happened early, the dishwasher was loaded, and I was settling in to binge on Netflix. My little kid came by asking if we were have any desert. And sooner than you think, we were all feasting on a large bowl of warm brownies, and two flavors of ice-cream, vanilla and chocolate!
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 1/2 cup thick yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup mixed nuts, chopped or crushed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Line an 8x11 inch pan with parchment paper. Butter the inner lining, set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, yogurt and vanilla. When the sugar dissolves, add oil, flour and cocoa. Combine well; pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Top with crushed nuts and dark chocolate.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove from the oven, sprinkle sea salt. Devour warm, with ice-cream. Enjoy!