Here is a healthy dessert you can have every summer night, when ripe fragrant peaches are in sight. You can make these over the weekend and store in the fridge. When your dessert cravings kicks in, warm in the microwave and serve with ice-cream. You can swap brown sugar in the fruit to honey or no sweetness at all. You can alter the sweetness of this dessert by swapping brown sugar with stevia or coconut sugar. I think it makes a great dessert for diabetics/pre-diabetics.
For the fruit:
- 2 peaches, pitted and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar/jaggery powder or 1/4 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp whole wheat flour
- 1/8 tsp cardamom powder or cinnamon /nutmeg if you prefer
For the crumble:
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup brown sugar, depending on how sweet you like it
- 1/4 cup butter, cold
- Pinch of salt
- Combine the fruit ingredients and place in 4 ramekins. Let sit in the fridge to chill
- Combine crumble ingredients and gather together to form a lumpy crumble, do not over-mix.
- Sprinkle the crumble evenly on top of the fruit cups.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool down till warm to touch. Serve with vanilla ice-cream, enjoy!