This creamy, eggless berry ice-cream is delicious. You can use fresh or frozen berries. Strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries make a good mix.
For the cream, using the full fat version will make it richer in taste and calories. It also brings together the cream, honey and berries together in a thick mixture. For a lighter version, use light cream, maple syrup and berries and instead.
Makes 4 cups
- 1 cup berries, mixed (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries)
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 cups heavy or light whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cook the berries and lime juice in a saucepan on medium heat, until pulpy. Let cool.
- Add berries to a blender and puree with honey. Set aside in the fridge to chill.
- In a chilled bowl, or a bowl sitting on an ice-bath, add chilled cream. Whisk until it forms stiff peaks.
- Add berry puree to the whipped cream and fold in gently to give it a marbled effect.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and cover with cling wrap. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight until set. Enjoy!