In this recipe, I have used Marie biscuits. They are made of wheat. I did not prebake the crust. Just froze it until it was ready to bake. The filling and crust baked together. The texture was crunchy and held up well. Give it a try.
For the crust:
- 250gm/45 count Britannia Marie Gold biscuits
- 150gm/ 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 500g/1 lb cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup full fat yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 7 rainbow food colors
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F and set a middle rack.
- Spray oil on the base and sides of a cheesecake pan (8 inch)
- Melt butter and set to cool. Crush the cookies in a food processor.
- Pour the butter into the processor and blitz it a few times to bring the cookie crumbs and butter together to form a crumbly mixture.
- Press crumbs into the tin. No need to bake the crust. Just set it in the freezer until you prep the filling.
- Wipe down and use the same processor bowl to make this. Whisk cream cheese and yogurt until smooth.
- Add eggs, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice. Whisk until creamy and smooth. Turn off at intervals and stir with a spatula. Distribute mixture evenly into 7 cups.
- Add a few drops of color to each cup, all the colors of the rainbow. Stir well. Start by pouring red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet. You may also pour a cup of uncolored batter.
- Cover the base and sides of the pan with foil. Place it in a hot water bath.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30-40 or until just firm but center is jiggly. Remove and let cool. Refrigerate overnight for best taste. Enjoy!