Ground meat on skewers! This Mediterranean classic Seekh Kebab can be cooked on an open grill on in an oven. They are typically cooked in tandoors or barbecue. But, Seekh kebabs made in the oven come out sizzling and might set off your fire alarm! So prep your home to be well ventilated when they are ready to be taken off the oven. Devour them hot, for the best taste and flowing juices!
Makes 14-16 skewers
- 2lb/1kg ground lamb, or pork, or chicken
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- Metal or wooden skewers
- More oil to grease pan and hands
- Combine all the kebab ingredients in a large bowl and mix gently. Chill in the fridge for an hour.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in cold water for an hour.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven at 400 F, drain the skewers and set aside.
- Cover a large baking sheet with foil and grease with oil or cooking spray.
- Grease hands generously with oil. Take a handful of ground meat, spread it evenly over the skewers and set on the sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 400F for 30 minutes. Remove and serve with raita, hot sauce and veggies on the side. Enjoy!