Blondies never crossed my mind, I prefer brown, lol, brownies were always my go-to quick bake. This time I ran out of cocoa powder, but wanted to bake. So here goes.
Makes about 30 blondies in a 13x9 inch sheet pan
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups dark and white chocolate chips, more if you prefer
- Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray. Line it with parchment paper, spray the paper with non stick spray, set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl, set aside.
- Combine oil, melted butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in a bowl and whisk until the sugar melts.
- Add in the flour mixture and fold with a wooden spoon until well combined. Incorporate chocolate chips. Add batter to the prepped pan, spread it out evenly. Add more chocolate chips if you prefer
- Bake for about 25 minutes until the top cracks slightly. A skewer inserted in the center should have a few sticky crumbs.
- Remove to a wire rack and let cool completely. Cut into 2-inch squares. Tastes great with vanilla ice-cream on the side, enjoy!
Note: If you want to make this super fast, like in the video above, you can add all the ingredients except chocolate chips, into a large processor or blender. Combine to form a thick batter. Fold in the chocolate chips and bake.