Here is a three step process to get juicy, tender bone-in pork chops. For my kids and hubby, they love the falling-off-the-bone texture.
I always baked it many times, and ended disappointed. This time, I tried another way. First marinating the chops for day, browning the crust, then pressure cooking the chops in its own marinade, with loads of onion and garlic. Then brushed the well cooked chops with barbecue sauce and then broiling it to perfection. It was a hit! If you have an Instapot or a pressure cooker, this is a must try.
- 8 Bone-in pork chops
- 2 cups onions, red or white, chopped
- 1 cup garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 cup vegetable oil
For the marinade:
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp crushed chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 to 1/2 tsp salt or more
- Combine all the marinating ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Marinate the pork chops with the prepped marinade. Massage it into the chops. Let is chill in the fridge for upto 24 hours.
- In a cooker on Instapot pan, add a cup of oil. Set the heat on medium high.
- When the oil begins to smoke, place a pork chop and let it brown. Flip it gently to the other side and brown the same way. Remove and set aside. Repeat the same with the remaining chops.
- the pork chops. Set them out on a plate.
- To the same oil in the pan, add the chopped onions and whole garlic cloves.
- Sauté until brown. Bring the heat down to medium.
- Stack the browned pork chops one on top of the other.
- Pour in the remaining marinade and a cup of water.
- Close the cooker or Instapot and let the chops pressure cook upto 4 whistles in the cooker. If using the Instapot, let it pressure cook for 8-12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the pressure cool down.
- The chops will have cooked well. Gently remove each chop and place on a baking sheet.
- Reserve the pork broth to make any other meat dishes.
- In a bowl, add barbecue sauce, ketchup and a cup of cooked pork broth. Mix well.
- Brush this sauce over the pork chops on both sides.
- Place it in a preheated oven.
- Set it broil mode on the highest rack. Let it cook for just 5-7 minutes. Each oven temperature varies, so watch not to burn it.
- Remove from the oven. Let the sizzling chops reduce to warm. Serve. enjoy!