By spicy I mean, lip smacking, lip burning, and lip licking, truly! Regular hash browns are good, don't get me wrong, but when you spice things up, you take it up a notch, and long after you have eaten these, you will reminisce the flavors, and smile, like fire in your belly. Try it.
- 3 cups freshly grated and drained potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne chili powder
- 1 heaped tsp all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- Peel and grate potatoes, Throw the shreds into a kitchen towel and ring it to get rid of the water content. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, salt and chili powder. Stir in potatoes and flour.
- Pour in a preheated waffle iron coated with cooking spray until golden brown and potatoes are tender, 8-12 minutes.
- Serve hot with your choice of sauce, enjoy!