These cookies will be a delight to people who love mint, I mean mint in everything, mint toothpaste, mint gum, peppermint frappuccino, mint ice-cream ... I am not a big fan, my kids love it though
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
- 2 1/4 cups All purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp green food color
- 1/2 to 1 tsp peppermint extract, depending on how strong you like it
- 1 1/2 cups milk or dark chocolate chips
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, food color and peppermint extract; mix well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Defrost the dough until it is firm enough to scoop out. Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto ungreased baking sheets.
- If you like the cookies flat, remove it at 8 minutes and flatten the tops of the cookies with a spoon. I like it crisp on the outside and slightly undercooked on the inside.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets a few minutes. Cool completely. enjoy with a glass of cold milk.