A very simple cookie to put together and it just melts in your mouth, did I mention the aroma that fills in the home while it bakes? A must try!Makes about 24 cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup ground pistachio powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp powdered cardamom
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Reserve 1/4 cup of almond and pistachio powder to top later.
- Whisk the flour, almond, pistachio powder, cardamom powder and salt together. Set aside
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add in the flour and almond mixture a little by little until completely blended. Roll it into a soft dough.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes. Preheat the oven at 325 degree F.
- Roll it out into a 1/4 inch thick sheet and use a cookie cutter, to cut into desired shapes.
- Place the cookies an inch apart on parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the reserved pistachio almond powder in the center of the cookie.
- Bake at 325° for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Let stand for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
- Store them in an air tight container, stays good for up to a week.