This is one dish that has not gotten old ever since my bestie introduced this recipe on our friends group. Mix and match the veggies, and my kids and H loves it every time! Lets get started.
Serves 4, 2 rolls each
- 8 eggs
- 8 chapatis, or tortillas, homemade or store-bought
- 4 cups veggies, shredded or finely chopped (spinach, carrot, onions, broccoli, corn, tomatoes, whatever you prefer)
- 2 cups shredded cheese blend
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder or 1/2 tsp finely chopped green chilies
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 a stick of butter
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, veggies, spice powders and salt together. Set aside.
- Make your chapatis, or heat up your store-bough flat breads and set aside.
- Heat a griddle on low, smear the pan with butter.
- Pour in the egg batter, a ladle or two. Spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle a good serving of shredded cheese and let cook covered.
- Place the cooked chapati on the melted cheese, press down a bit and cook covered on low.
- Now gently flip the chapati over and cook.
- Once done, remove it on a plate, let it cool down to warm. You may drizzle some sauce at this time and roll it snug from one end to the other.
- Cut it diagonally halfway and serve. you may pack this into your H's and kids lunch boxes as well. This has become my H's staple lunchbox, for a while now. Enjoy!