This is a great recipe to disguise all the veggies your kids or hubby wont eat :))
Shred all your veggies in a processor or chop finely. Blend it with well whisked eggs, and top it with a generous hand of shredded cheese. It tastes great with avocado and a dash of spicy hot sauce. Try it!
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups shredded 3 blend Mexican cheese or any cheese of your choice
- 4 cups shredded veggies (broccoli, spinach, carrot, onion, tomato)
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp salt or more if you prefer
- 1/4 cup butter, stick preferably.
- 2 avocados, seeded and sliced
- Hot sauce of ketchup of your choice
- Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl. Whisk well.
- Add in all the veggies, salt, pepper and chili powder. Combine and set aside.
- Heat a griddle on low, smear with butter.
- Pour a ladleful of egg mixture, spread it across evenly.
- Sprinkle a handful of shredded cheese. Cover and cook.
- Once the cheese melts, Slide the omelet onto a plate. Top it with sliced avocado, and a drizzle of hot sauce or ketchup. serve hot, enjoy!