This low-fat version doesn’t feel light, it’s creamy, delicious and half the calories. Isn’t that a good thing? For me it is! So here goes.
Makes 12 cupcake sized cheesecakes
For the filling:
- 1-8oz pack of low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp lemon juice
For the crust:
- 12-14 cream filled cookies like bourbon or oreos
- 1/2 stick butter, cold, cut into cubes
- Start by adding the crust ingredients into a processor. Pulse it for a few seconds until the mixture is crumbly and buttery. Spray your cupcake mold with cooking spray. I used silicone cupcake molds.
- Divide the mixture into 12 cupcake molds and press down with your fingers or the back of a spoon. Set aside. The crust does NOT need to be baked and cooked.
- Preheat the oven at 325 degree F.
- In a food processor, add all the cream cheese filling ingredients and blend until the mixture is creamy. Pour this mixture directly on the unbaked crusts and full the cupcake molds a little more than 3/4ths full.
- Take a large pan or tray and fill it with water half way. Immerse the filled cupcake molds in the after bath and place them carefully in the oven.
- Bake at 325 F for 15-17 minutes or until the edges slightly brown and the center is jiggly. Remove from the oven.
- Cool completely and chill in the fridge for another 2 hours. Carefully wiggle them out of the molds and serve with your choice of topping. I went with fig and honey. They were just divine. Enjoy!