This recipe makes a dozen cinnamon rolls, about 4 inches in diameter
For the yeast mixture:
1 tsp yeast
2 tsp sugar
1 cup warm milk
- Combine and let it foam for 5 minutes.
For the dough:
3 cup flour
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
- Combine the dough ingredients together.
- Add the foamed yeast mixture knead together with greased hands, cover and rest for 2 hours.
- Once the dough doubles, punch down and roll it out.
For the filling:
1 cup warm melted butter
Combine cinnamon sugar together:
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp salt
- Brush the rolled out dough generously with melted butter.
- Coat generously with cinnamon sugar.
- Roll it tightly from one end to the other.
- Cut into 2 inch thick rings.
- Grease a pan with butter. Arrange the rolls and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degree F/190 degree C for 20 minutes.
- Let it cool for a few minutes and remove.
For the glaze:
1 cup icing sugar
A few tsp of warm milk.
- Combine to your desired consistency of thickness.
- Top the warm buns with a generous serving of glaze.
- Serve warm, enjoy!