Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Yields: 1-6 inch cake
2 and 1/2 cups flour/maida
2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
4 eggs, at room temperature
3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup butter milk
Rainbow food colors
- Grease and flour dust the baking pan; set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Whisk flour salt and baking together in a bowl, set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy, about 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat on low.
- Add butter milk and combine gently with a wooden spoon.
- Divide the batter into 6 bowls.
- Add drops of color (red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple) in each bowl and mix to get vibrant colors.
- Add one color into the cake pan, followed by another on top of it. Repeat the same with all the colors, one on top of the other. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it cool completely.
1 cup chocolate chunks or chips
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp butter, at room temperature
- Coarsely chop the chocolate, place in a glass or metal bowl; set aside.
- Add cream in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Pour it over the chocolate and let stand until chocolate has softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add butter and stir until smooth. Let cool slightly, whisk before pouring over the cooled cake. Let it set for about 15 to 30 minutes. Enjoy!