Sausage Tacos recipeBy Reshma Seetharam. Here is a yummy taco sausage that can be made with any type of bread you like. The sausages can swapped with beans, cheese or soy for vegetarians.
Prep time: Cook time: Total time:
Yield: Makes 8 tacos, 4 servings, 2 each
4 hearty sausages of your choice, cooked and cut into chunks
2 cups onions, diced
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup ripe tomatoes, chopped
2 cups colored peppers, chopped
Powders: 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp salt, pinch of sugar
2 tsp olive oil
8 taco shells, flour tortillas, flat bread or chapatis
Shredded mixed cheese of your choice
2 cups of cooked rice or quinoa
- In a skillet on medium heat, add oil. When it begins to shimmer, add onions and celery.
- Saute for a few minutes. Add the tomatoes, saute for a minute. Add peppers and sausage.
- Cook for a few more minutes. Sprinkle chili powder, cumin powder, turmeric, salt and a pinch of sugar. Saute until the tomatoes are soft.
- Fill taco shells or tortillas with a spoonful of cooked quinoa rice, sausage mixture, cheese and fresh cilantro, if you like.
- Serve warm with a dollop of fresh cream or yogurt. Enjoy!