These breakfast/snack bars are made with whole oats, wheat bran, almonds, raisins an coconut glued with peanut butter!
Yields: 15 large squares
2 cups oats
2 cups wheat bran
2 cups whole almonds, pulsed to crumbs
2 cups raisins
2 cups crunchy peanut butter
1 cup honey
2 cups coconut flakes
2 tsp ghee
- Warm the dry oats and bran in a microwave, on high heat for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large pan, on medium heat, add peanut butter and honey.
- Stir to form a smooth mixture. Lower the heat; add almonds, raisins and coconut.
- Combine to form a mixture.
- Add ghee and stir until combined.
- Turn off the heat.
- Place a wax sheet or parchment paper to line a 11x9 inch baking pan.
- Pour the warm mixture, press it down with clean hands to flatten out.
- Use a knife to mark out lines to form square or bars, lightly.
- Freeze for an hour. Remove and cut along the lines and store in an air tight container.
- The bars stay fresh for upto 2 weeks. Enjoy!