Light, fluffy fat-less cake with fresh cream and fresh fruits for the filling and topping. I tripled this recipe to make two large cakes for 60 people. This is my moms fresh pineapple and cream recipe that I swapped with fresh fruit.
Recipe makes 1-9 inch cake, two layered
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the filling and topping:
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp. icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Fresh fruits of your choice: strawberries, kiwi, oranges, berries, sliced into desired thickness.
- Sugar lime syrup
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla for 7 to 9 minutes on medium speed, until the eggs triple in volume and are light and fluffy.
- Incorporate small amounts of the flour into the egg mixture, while beating the egg mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9 inch pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes, or until done.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack.
- Whip chilled cream in a beater or stand mixer for 6 to 8 minutes until it starts to form soft peaks. Gradually add vanilla and icing sugar to incorporate. Do not over whip. It can curdle into butter. Chill it in the fridge until ready to fill and top.
- Prepare sugar lime syrup by warming 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar and 2 tsp lime juice together. Let it cool.
- Cut the cake horizontally into two even layers. Place the base layer on a board or clean plate. Sprinkle some syrup on top of the first cake. Top it with prepped and chilled whipped cream. Top it with sliced fresh fruit.
- Place the second cake layer over it. Soak it with syrup. Cover the cake if whipped cream. Decorate with fresh fruit. Chill overnight for the best taste. Enjoy!