Quick and nutritious, dry fruit and nut rolls. These are great as snacks on the go or breakfast bars. They are loved by adults and kids alike!
Yields: about 3 rolls, 30 discs
2 cups almonds, toasted and pulsed to crumbs
2 cups cashews, toasted and pulsed to crumbs
2 cups cranberries, warmed in the microwave for a minute
2 cups dates, pitted
1 tsp ghee
1/2 cup poppy seeds, toasted
- Microwave or dry roast the nuts and poppy seeds, separately and set aside.
- Place the cashews and almonds in a food processor and pulse it for a few seconds. Set aside.
- If the dates and cranberries are very dry, sprinkle a few spoons of water and microwave for a minute to moisten them. Set aside.
- Place the cranberries and dates in a food processor. Crush it down to a paste.
- In large pan, add the nuts and toast them lightly for a minute, on medium heat.
- Pour the date-cranberry paste. Stir them all gently to combine. This will take a few minutes.
- Once a uniform mixture is formed, add a spoon of ghee and stir it into the mixture.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Grease your hands and make two or three cylinders/rolls.
- On a wax/parchment paper, sprinkle toasted poppy seeds. Roll the dry fruit cylinders on the seeds to coat.
- Wrap the cylinders in wax paper and freeze for an hour.
- Unwrap and cut the roll into discs. Store in an airtight container.
- The rolls will stay fresh for about three weeks. Refrigerate for the best taste. Enjoy!